We are looking for two experienced carpenters to join our team in Scotland
Based in a beautiful setting just south of the Cairngorms National Park, offering an unrivaled opportunity for the great outdoors lifestyle choice, the Carpenter Oak Scotland yard, set up twenty years ago, has seen some of our most interesting and challenging projects undertaken, forming an impressive portfolio of work. The work covers the full spectrum of timber builds, from major heritage projects through to exciting contemporary timber engineering schemes; both residential and commercial.
If you want to join a progressive, increasingly employee owned business, which is setting out its plans for the next twenty years, whilst utilising your carpentry skills and experience on a wide range of build projects, using a variety of materials and methods, then we want to hear from you.
No specific qualifications are required, but any of the following would be useful:
– Carpentry qualifications: NVQ, City & Guilds etc.
– CSCS card, H&S test, First aid, Forklift, Chainsaw, Scaffold towers
– Crane & lifting operations: Slinger, Lift Supervisor, Appointed Person
• Enthusiasm, enjoyment for work. Eagerness to learn and develop.
• Forward thinking, solutions focussed
• Conscientious and self-responsible
• Humility, willingness to take instruction
• Care and attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
• Good organisational and planning skills
• Effective communication skills
• Ability to work in close team and aware of the needs of others
• High degree of autonomy and ability to work on own initiative
• Clear thinking and practically minded
• Ability to learn and assimilate information and new techniques
• High degree of spatial awareness and 3D thinking
• Reasonable mathematics ability
• Focus on quality
• Exercise care & attention to detail
• Tidy, productive, efficient
• Physically fit and able
• Good hand-eye co-ordination and ability to pick up hand skills
• Methodical and careful in practice
• Confidence working at height
• Willingness to work outdoors, in very challenging conditions, in all weathers
Desirable skills and experience:
• Understanding of timber
• Green woodworking
• Carpentry experience especially roofing
• Hands on building experience and site work
• Interpreting architects details and construction drawings
• Trigonometry and geometry
• Use & maintenance of power tools and hand tools
• Project management
• Working with and/or managing teams
For more details and to apply – please email your CV and covering letter to [email protected], for the attention of Alex Cloudsdale.