We have a new opportunity for a Finance Assistant available in our busy Devon office, located in the heart of the beautiful South Hams, between Totnes and Dartmouth.
Our Devon yard is the head office and hub of our operations, which also includes workshops and offices in Cornwall and Scotland. Founded in 1987, Carpenter Oak have always aimed to provide exceptional service and solutions tailored to individual timber-framed buildings.
We handle the process from initial enquiries, to design services through to manufacture and installation of residential and commercial builds across the UK and overseas.
Carpenter Oak is a friendly, team-oriented place to work and it’s an exciting time to join the company as we progress towards being employee-owned.
Reporting to: Finance Manager
Key Relationships: Finance Team, Operations and Project Management
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8:00 to 4:30pm. Very occasional evenings/weekends as required.
Key responsibilities are working within the busy finance team to help deliver the goals of the department and business which include:
– Sales Ledger:
- Production of customer invoices
- Credit Control
– Purchase Ledger:
- Efficient processing of a high volume of bills ensuring correct authorisation and coding.
- Reconciliation of supplier statements.
- Checking, coding and processing of company expense claims.
- Processing of payment runs and supplier payments.
- Process and post all credit card and cheque receipts accurately and on a timely basis
- Assisting to complete monthly payroll on tight deadlines
- Processing timesheets, holidays, additions and deductions
– Bank, credit card and petty cash reconciliation.
– Data entry of stock reports for cost allocation
– Data entry of Job Estimates into our job financial analysis software
– Assist other areas as required as part of a team.
This role will develop to include further responsibilities including:
- Payroll management
- Control accounts reconciliations
- Assist with balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist with management accounting to produce accurate, meaningful and timely information to help in the success of the business.
- Job financial analysis
Your skills and knowledge
- An ability to work effectively as part of a small, evolving and energetic finance team
- Happy to work autonomously.
- Excellent MS Excel skills with an interest in learning Pivot Tables and Lookups
- Experience with cloud software including Gdrive, Xero, Workflow Max
- Sales and/or purchase ledger experience
- You will be highly organised and have a keen eye for detail
- Friendly telephone communication skills
- AAT L2 student or someone with an interest in studying
Salary: £18,000-£21,000 dependant on experience
- 20 days holiday (plus bank holidays), rising to 22 after 5 years
- Company matched pension scheme
- Company matched healthcare scheme
- Holiday pension
- Plenty of free firewood!
Applicants must supply a CV and covering letter to [email protected] for the attention of Laura Creen.
Taking applications until Friday 10 January
Interviews from Wednesday 15 January