We are looking for a particular person to work in our thriving Devon office, to help with the smooth running and organisation of our sales enquiries and team. It’s a new and key pivotal role that will be formed around you. We are after someone who can engage in conversations with potential clients and listen to and record their needs and aspirations. You will be the first point of contact with a wide spectrum of people from different backgrounds, whether that’s nervous first time self builders looking to remodel their home or seasoned professionals on a large engineering project who know what they’re after and want to know how we can deliver it.
You will qualify our incoming sales enquiries on behalf of the Sales and Design teams. You’ll need a sense of humour, the ability to herd cats and be our calm-under-pressure, go-to person who can handle multiple situations and varying projects.
You are not expected to have strong technical knowledge on application, full training and guidance for the role will be ongoing. What’s more important are your interpersonal skills.
The role: Sales Coordinator
Location: The Framing Yard in Cornworthy, plus shows and events throughout the UK
Hours: This is a full time position – however, flexibility could be arranged for the right person around family etc. Our normal office hours are 8am-5pm Monday-Thursday, 4.30 finish on Fridays.
– Answering phones and taking details of potential new projects.
– Provide information and guidance to potential clients.
– Allocation and coordination of new enquiries.
– Liaison with architects, suppliers and contractors.
– Maintain flow of information and communication within the sales team.
– Maintain existing admin protocols and provide data and reports to sales and marketing teams.
– Scheduling colleague and show barn diaries.
– Maintain after sales client service.
– Customer care skills – a confident conversationalist and first rate listener.
– Good written and verbal English.
– Good accuracy, attention to detail and organisational skills – you’ll be recording vital information from each potential client.
– Highly motivated and able to work on initiative and autonomously.
– Ability to prioritise, think logically, communicate effectively.
– Confident using Word, Excel and Outlook
– Genuine interest in helping clients on their journey to realising a Carpenter Oak project
– A curiosity in how people live in and relate to the built environment and architecture
– Experience in the construction industry
– Background in sales
– Knowledge of CRM systems
Carpenter Oak have been designing and raising timber framed buildings for over thirty years, using oak, Douglas fir and glulam and have won many awards along the way.
Using traditional, hand crafted methods, we work on projects that range from extensions, cabins and conservatories, through to complete builds, residential properties, conservation work and large public buildings using the latest in timber engineering. Situated between Totnes and Dartmouth in the heart of the South Hams, we are a part employee owned, meaning that everyone can have a shared stake in the company and share its successes. We also have yards in Cornwall, Chippenham and Scotland, meaning we cover the whole of the UK.
Please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org