What are cookies?
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are: –
- For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to online interactions and site navigation.
- For Carpenter Oak Group to market to you, particularly web banner advertisements and targeted updates.
- To enable Carpenter Oak Group to collect information about your browsing patterns, including to monitor the success of our campaigns or competitions.
- To track which external websites have referred you to our websites.
How cookies are managed?
The cookies stored on your computer / device when you access our websites and are designed for:
– Carpenter Oak Group, or on behalf of Carpenter Oak Group, and are necessary to enable you to make purchases on our website;
– Third parties who broadcast web banner advertisements on behalf of Carpenter Oak Group.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below: –
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu ‘tools’ then ‘Internet Options’
- Click on the ‘privacy’ tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
- Choose Settings> Advanced
- Under ‘Privacy and security,’ click ‘Content settings’.
- Click ‘Cookies’
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on ‘Remove all Website Data’
For Mozilla firefox:
- Choose the menu ‘tools’ then ‘Options’
- Click on the icon ‘privacy’
- Find the menu ‘cookie’ and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu Files’> ‘Preferences’
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off.